Hardwood flooring is a time tested flooring solution, offering classic beauty that will last a lifetime with the right care
Carpet King is your one-stop source for hardwood flooring in the Minneapolis – St. Paul area. We offer:
- Competitive pricing on hardwood flooring
- A huge selection of styles, wood finishes, & grains
- Free, all-inclusive in-home estimates
- Sample delivery right to your door
- Professional, next-day installation
- Superior work & customer service
The rich, natural look of real hardwood has been sought after for flooring for centuries. Hardwood
flooring enhances practically every style of home architecture and décor, and there are more options than
you might initially think.
Consider the following when searching for your hardwood flooring style
Plank width & length
Color & pattern
Gloss levels & finish options
Solid hardwood consists of planks that are each cut from a single, solid piece of wood. These
come in varying thicknesses & widths. Because they are prone to moisture damage, you should
only install solid hardwood planks on or above grade – never in basements.
Solid Hardwood Benefits
- Very durable, with more structural integrity
- Able to be sanded & refinished hundreds of times over its lifespan
- Bring more resale value to your home
- Living rooms
Engineered Hardwood is a versatile alternative to traditional solid hardwood. These floors consist of
a multi-ply construction that includes a thick top layer of real wood, a high-density inner core, and a
hardwood backing. This gives the floor superior strength & flexibility while lowering the price point.
Engineered hardwood can also be refinished, but only a few times.
Engineered Hardwood Benefits
- Retains appearance of a natural hardwood floor
- Greater strength and stability
- Easy installation
- Lower price point
- Living rooms
Hardwood floors are built to last a lifetime, but need proper care, cleaning, maintenance &
protection in order to do so. In conjunction with following your manufacturer’s care instructions,
follow these basic tips to prolong your hardwood floor’s lifespan and adhere to your warranty.
Hardwood cleaning is easier than ever thanks to advances in finishing.
- Lightly sweep or dry mop each day
- Use only a nylon-bristle broom or microfiber mop per manufacturer recommendation
- If vacuuming, use only soft bristle or felt head attachments on your machine
- Wipe up liquid spills immediately to avoid water damage
Hardwood maintenance is all about climate control
- Hardwood planks expand and contract with changes in humidity level, so use a humidifier or dehumidifier to maintain a room’s relative humidity between 35 – 55% depending on manufacturer recommendation.
- Hardwood will age naturally due to direct or indirect UV light exposure, so move your furniture & rugs periodically so that your floor ages evenly.
Hardwood protection is simple, but crucial.
- Dirt can scratch planks & destroy finish, so keep door mats by all entrances to trap it
- Never slide furniture, lifting it instead to avoid scratches or dents
- Keep pets’ nails trimmed and paws clean.